In order to address the needs of robot integrators, Lazerarc is eager to manufacture the 7th Axis Slide or Robot Transfer Unit customized to fit your application.
Due to the low cost and high flexibility of Robotic Arms, they continue to be a popular choice in manufacturing. Robots are ideal for repetitive assembly operations, such as drilling, fastening, composite layup, welding, trimming, routing, painting and coating. Generally, they are mounted in a fixed location consequently limiting their reach. An additional axis is often required to make the robot more versatile.
Laserarc can provide a heavy duty design to address this issue. It is equipped with high-precision helical rack & pinions that can handle the high dynamic loads and required accuracy. To extend the reach of the robotic arm, it is placed on a support carriage on a seventh axis slide and rack & pinions were chosen to drive the axis. By using rack & pinions in their modular base design, unlimited travel lengths could be achieved by mounting them end-to-end. Another advantage to seventh axis robotic slides is that more than one robotic arm can be placed on the same slide for additional productivity and flexibility.
LazerArc’s RTU – 7th Axis system can be engineered to any length that the customer requires. Our design incorporates machined keyed ends allows for sections to be added or removed easily, when repurposing. All of our LazerArc products are built with the highest precision materials and engineering expertise, customized to fit your specific applications.
- Accuracy of +/- 0.003” /ft
- Pre-Machined Carriage to Secure Robot
- Oversized Linear Bearings
- Slight Design Changes
- Machined and Keyed Ends
- Cable Management Systems
- Structural Steel Columns
- Power and Communication Cables
- Bellow Guard for Linear Bearings
- Leveling Plates
- Higher Accuracy<
- Custom Robot Risers
- Transfer times of 1.5 meters per second
- Heavy duty linear bearings offer high tilting moments
- Optional armoloy coating on gear rack for lube free operation
- Low backlash Gear Reducer
- Utilizes a direct drive gear reducer and gear rack, we achieve higher accuracy and better performance with less components.
- The robust tubular steel construction “Made in USA”
- Oversized rack and pinion system for greater safety factors
Advantages for Design Engineers and Special Machine Builder: